Thursday 5 April 2018

05/04 Greenham Common

Did a session at the Western Enclosure today as it looked to be the only reasonable morning of the week that I could make. It was chilly and a bit breezy early warming up and calm later. I didn't expect to capture much and this turned out to be the case. Nothing entered the enclosure during the period 07:00 to 10:00hrs. I put up 48metre of net in the usual three rides. Walked around a lot but not much about, only migrants three Chiffchaff singing in the woods to the north. Started taking the nets down at 10:00, got to the last one pulled the net up ready to reel in when two Long-tailed Tits flew into the enclosure scrub and into the net. So not a blank sheet after all. Both had been ringed in one of the flocks captured last year on the 31-May and 28-Aug. 
On the way down from the gate, think I saw one of the Ring Ouzel reported later in the day unfortunately in my haste to get the nets up I didn't stop to be sure.

No comments: